Saturday 23 January 2021

Christmas 2020πŸŽ…πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„πŸŽ

 


We've all had a nice Christmas, Darren and his girlfriend Matilda were over for the better part of 2 weeks, they have a flat nearby which is lovely. They flew in on the Monday but got in late so we saw them the next day, Matilda and the girls played and coloured in, I made enchilada lasagne and went a touch mad with the spices 😬 late night regret on my part. 
Wednesday they came to us after going shopping, we ordered Chinese from Peking Garden which stood up to its raving reviews, before we ordered Darren was faffing around with Lili who kicked him and dislocated his top pinky finger joint as he tried to block it, I'm not the best person for bones and hid out in the kitchen and Darren and Matilda left after eating so they could think about possibly going to hospital.
Thursday, Christmas eve, Darren got his second tattoo and then went to hospital to have his finger relocated, the bruise is brutal! I ran around and got all the veg for the next day, prepped to make the evening easier and then went to nanas for do secret santa, I had nicki and I got her a gold handbag so she wouldn't keep pinching mine and nana had me, she got me twirl bars and grey fluffy slippers which are gorgeous. Met Darren and Matilda to help them bring stuff from theirs to mine so they could stay the night ready for Christmas, we finished watching matilda from the night before whilst eating fish and chips from captain K's then I got the girls showered and into Christmas Pjs and down to watch nightmare before Christmas, we didn't finish it as it got late so I helped get Santa's plate ready and the girls sprinkled out their reindeer dust and upto bed they went, Trixie with a bit of a fight. We watched some mandolarian before setting out the presents ready for morning and went to bed. 
Not sure who was most excited about Christmas, Darren coming and waking us up at half 10 or the girls who ran down too excitedly and needed to stopped at the door so we could all walk in together, the girls loved their toys, Trixie said lots of "aw wow I love it" and Lili had to set up her microphone stand for a good sing song. Dinner was amazing as always I'm a good cook if I have to toot my own horn. Dispite the fact I bought a new set of pans so I had enough pans to go round I still didn't have enough pans 🀷‍♀️. 
In the evening we all got dressed and went our separate way, Darren and Matilda to Darren's parents and the girls and I to my parents who had lots of presents waiting and then back home to chill out before bed. 












On boxing day we went to Darren and Matilda for dinner, we had picky tea and Lili stayed over for the night. The next day Trixie and I went back to Darrens and matildas for dinner and to get Lili. The day after Darren came to us for a few hours and allowed Matilda some time to catch up on school work before they had to go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment